5 Common Misconceptions about Metal Roofing
In this article, professional roofers in Silver Spring, MD from BRAX Roofing debunk some common misconceptions about metal roofing.
1. Metal roofing is prone to rust. You won’t have to worry about a metal roof’s durability. Recent developments have made it possible for metal roofs to provide superior weather protection to your home. These advancements include coatings like Kynar 500® and Hylar 500®, which allow metal roofing to resist rust formation, rot, insects, and impact damage.
2. Metal roofing draws excessive heat in summer. This option is actually a “cool roof,” which effectively reflects solar heat and light to help maintain a comfortable indoor temperature for your home. When you apply energy-saving coatings to your metal roof, you can reduce heat gain even further, allowing you to save considerably on cooling and heating costs.
3. Metal roofing attracts lightning. Although metal can conduct electricity, it doesn’t actually draw lightning to it. On the off chance that lightning does strike, your metal roof will safely disperse the energy through the structure. Its noncombustible properties also make it a safer option than other roofing materials in extreme weather, like thunderstorms.
4. Metal roofing is loud. You won’t actually hear the patter of rain on your metal roof, since your roof contractor generally installs this over attic space and insulation, minimizing the ability of your roof to produce sound.
5. Metal roofing is hard to maintain. Unlike shingles, metal won’t crack, curl, or chip. It also won’t slide out of alignment like slate, or splinter like wood shake.
When you’re ready to experience the many benefits of a metal roof, turn to BRAX Roofing, your expert contractor for quality replacement and roof repair in Gaithersburg, MD. We’ll help you maximize your home’s weather protection and efficiency through our high-end materials and professional team.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
What to Expect When
You Choose Our Team
We’re Committed to You
Every Step of the Way
- Meet to discuss your project and free estimate.
- Select materials and colors for the look you want.
- Arrange payment through financing or your insurance.
- Install new roofing, siding, or gutters for amazing results.
- Ensure you’re 100% satisfied with our services.