The DMV Area’s Slate Roofing Services
Your Top-Rated Slate Roofing Company in Gaithersburg
BRAX Roofing is the trusted roofing contractor in Gaithersburg for your slate roofing project. We have installed hundreds of slate roofs in the area, so you can rest assured that our knowledgeable team will perform the best quality work.
Slate roofing can be installed in various grades and colors and is the perfect choice to complement the styles of the traditional homes in the Gaithersburg area. We guarantee you will love your new slate roof.
Call us today at 301-469-4880 to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our slate roof services and your installation options.
We Deliver Quality
That You Can Trust
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
GAF TruSlate Roofing
We recommend TruSlate roofing because of its durability, beauty, fire resistance and strength. TruSlate panels are thinner than full slate slabs but are bolstered by weatherproof materials, making them easier to install and more affordable. With a TruSlate roof, your home will have a timeless and elegant look.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
When making the decision about the type of roofing to install, there will be pros and cons. Our team highlighted some things to consider below.
The Cons of Slate Roofing
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Looks Great: Slate is a gorgeous roofing material that has been used for centuries. Homeowners love the classic, clean lines that slate roofs add to their homes. You might think your only color choice is gray, but there are many colors, thicknesses and widths to choose from.
- Durability: Slate roofs are made from natural, long-lasting stone. Because this material occurs naturally, it’s tried and true. Your slate roof will last 40+ years, with some of the best-rated slate lasting over 75 years.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike traditional shingles, slate roofs are not susceptible to the same damaging effects of extreme weather. Because of their durability and longevity, once your roof is installed, you won’t have to spend much time thinking about it. We also offer metal roofing services which also require little-to-no maintenance.
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Cost: Slate roofs do cost more than some other roofing options. This is because of the materials and installation. However, extra money up front could save you thousands down the line.
- Weight: This type of roof is heavy – slate roofs can weigh four times more than a traditional asphalt shingle roof. The thicker the slate, the heavier your roof will be.
Slate Roof FAQs
What is the cost of installing a slate roof in BRAX Roofing?
The main variance in cost is going to be determined by the size of your roof. On average, it will cost about $4,000 to 5,000 for 1,000 square feet in Gaithersburg.
Will a slate roof increase my home’s value?
Slate roofs last much longer than traditional asphalt shingles. Even if you don’t stay in your current home forever, your house will price more competitively than other homes with traditional roofs.
What type of slate should I choose?
Our expert design team will present you with all of our slate roofing options. Many of our customers opt for Welsh slate, which is considered to be the best in the world.
How do I clean my slate roof?
Your slate roof needs very little maintenance. After installation, we will give you a checklist so that you know what it will take to keep your roof in tip-top shape.
Want to learn more about our slate roof options? Schedule a free estimate with our roofing professionals. You will be thrilled with your home’s transformation.