Have you started noticing damage to your roof? Instead of breaking out an army of pots and pans, you should prioritize getting your roof fixed or replaced — roof damage is the gateway for other damage claims. Your roof protects your home and all of the belongings inside. If it is not functioning at peak ability, you run the risk of damaging your other property or causing structural damage to your home. You should absolutely contact your insurance company for damage, as long as the damage is more than the cost of your deductible. In order to determine this, consider working with a contractor who can advocate for you.
How Does The Process Work?
First, call your local roofer. The experts at BRAX Roofing have years of experience working with insurance adjusters to recommend the best course of action. We will conduct a free inspection and provide you with a written estimate detailing the damage we have identified as well as the costs to replace it.
This will come in handy when you call your insurance company to file a claim. Most roof repair or replacement projects are costly and will be more than your deductible, making it worth it to file a claim. However, if you are missing just a few shingles, we can quickly replace those for you without involving your insurance company, which will save you money in the long run.
What To Have When You Call Your Insurance Company
Filing a claim can be a painstaking process. In order to make it go quickly and smoothly, we recommend you gather all the information they will request prior to calling them. However, this call should not be delayed, as doing so may result in them denying the claim. Before calling, you will need:
- The written estimate for repair or replacement of the roof that we provide you
- Location/address of the home
- Policyholder name
- Date of the storm or incident that caused the damage. Hailstorms commonly cause the most damage, although ice, wind, fallen trees, and other extreme weather events can damage your home.
- Time of the incident, to your best guess. Some damage can occur overnight while you are sleeping. Having an exact time is not the most important part of the claim, so do not stress about this detail.
- Cause of the damage (wind, hail, trees, etc.)
- Have a detailed description of the damage. We will provide this for you, so you know exactly what to tell the insurance company. This maximizes your claim and ensures they do not miss anything during their inspection
- Age of the roof. Insurance companies need this information to determine how much of the replacement value they will cover, as it is often prorated.
What To Do Next
After you file your claim, you will need to follow the additional steps:
- Write down the claim number your insurance company assigns you
- After the insurance company assigns an adjuster to your claim, get their name and phone number. Write both of these things down, as this person is important. They will largely determine what the insurance company covers.
- Tell your insurance company and your adjuster that your roofing contractor will be present when they arrive to inspect the damage, in order to speed up the process. This allows us to advocate for you — not all adjusters will see every piece of damage like a professional roofer will.
- When the adjuster schedules a home visit, coordinate with us! We will be there to help you.
Why Choose BRAX Roofing?
Do you want a painless repair? Wouldn’t it be nice to know that your home is being taken care of by professionals, who stand behind their warranties? From the start of the process to the very end, BRAX Roofing is with you. We are local experts, which means we know the area. We can provide the best recommendations for your home, and we will be around to fix it if something else happens. BRAX Roofing is invested in helping you determine when to call your insurance company, and getting you the most out of your claim when you need them. Call us with questions — we would love the opportunity to show you why we are the area’s best roofing contractors.